Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 2-4 |
Chickpea shorba or chickpea soup..is a healthy soup with 0% oil…boiled chickpeas simmered with onions and tomatoes with subtle spices…
- 1 cup chick pea/kabuli chana - soaked over night
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 1 small tomato - finely chopped
- 2 green chillies - finely chopped
- 2 garlic flakes - finely chopped
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger - finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves - finely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp soya suace
Directions & How to
- Pressure cook the chana with 3 cups of water and little salt till 5-6 whistles or till cooked through.
- When cool open the cooker. Add chopped onion, tomatoes, chillies, ginger and garlic and put it back on flame and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add all the spices, soya sauce and vinegar and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Check the seasoning once.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander leaves and a dollop of butter if you wish or you can just have it as it is 100% oil free.