Click image to view picture gallery
Preparation Time: 5-10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Servings: 4-6 |
Chicken veruval is a spicy south Indian preparation, a very famous dish of Tamil cuisine. Try out this hot and tasty dish.
- 500 grams chicken with bones - cut into small pieces
- 2 onions - sliced
- 3 tomatoes - chopped
- 3-4 green chillies
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Juice of a lime
- Salt as per tase
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tsp black pepper corns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 3-4 dry red chillies
Directions & How to
- Dry roast each of the whole spices separately on a griddle till a nice aroma starts coming from it. Cool it and grind to a fine powder.
- Marinate the chicken in ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a wok, add curry leaves and onions, fry till it turns golden brown.
- Add marinated chicken and cook it on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in ground masala powder, saute well and add salt, chopped green chillies and chopped tomatoes.
- Saute it for a minute and then cook it covered for 5-6 minutes or till the chicken is cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked, mix in it chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
More similar recipes
Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe