Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 30-40 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Boti Kebab is a very popular Awadhi dish; very rich in flavours and can be enjoyed with butter naan.
- 300 g boneless mutton cut in half inch bits
- 200 g kidney and liver cut in half inch bits
- 2 medium onions finely sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying onions
- 3 tbsp oil
- Grated ginger and chopped green chillies, to garnish
For onion paste
- 1 medium onion
- 12-15 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger piece
For kaju paste
- 2 tbsp kaju (cashew nut)
- 1 tsp khas khas (poppy seeds)
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
Directions & How to
- Fry the sliced onions in oil till golden. Strain on a kitchen towel and refrigerate it till required.
- For onion paste grind together all the ingredients in a smooth paste using as little water as possible. Keep aside.
- For kaju paste lightly dry roast all ingredients on a tawa or pan and then grind into a smooth paste by adding a little water.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add bay leaf; sauté for few seconds.
- Now add onion paste and fry till light brown in colour.
- Add the mutton, liver and kidney pieces and sauté well for couple of minutes.
- Now add the chilli, coriander and garam masala powder, fried onions and stir well to mix.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook for 20 -25 minutes till mutton is completely cooked.
- When the pressure cools itself add coriander leaves and kaju paste and cook on high heat for 4-5 minutes till oil floats on top.
- Garnish with ginger and green chillies and serve with your favourite Indian bread.