Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Veg cutlet, or vegetable cutlet, a easy and tasty fried snack. It can be eaten as it, or use it for making yummy veg burgers.
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 2 small carrots
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 onion- finely chopped
- 3-4 green chillies- finely chopped
- 1/2 inch piece ginger - finely chopped
- 5-6 garlic flakes - finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Salt to taste
- A handful of chopped coriander and mint
- Bread crumbs for coating
- Oil for frying
Directions & How to
- Boil the potatoes, carrots and peas. When cool mash it and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped ginger, garlic, green chillies and fry for a minute. Add chopped onion and saute it for 2 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, take the mashed vegetables, sauteed onion, all the spices, salt, lemon juice, cornflour, coriander and mint leaves. Mix every thing well, and refrigerate for 40-45 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into equal balls, shape them into cutlets, coat well with the bread crumbs and shallow fry in hot oil till done and crispy.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.