Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-12 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: |
Rice pakoras or rice fritters…a delicious and easy to make tea time snack and a great way to use your leftover rice.
- 1 cup cooked rice or leftover rice - preferably over cooked/extra soft rice
- 3 tbsp gram flour/besan
- 1 onion- chopped finely
- 2-3 green chillies - chopped finely
- 1/2 inch ginger/adrak-chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder/dhania powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp chat masala
- A handful of chopped mint and coriander leaves
- 10-12 curry leaves - chopped finely
- Salt to tase
- Oil for deep frying
Directions & How to
- In a mixing bowl, take the rice and mash it well.
- Add all the other ingredients except oil and mix it well. Check the seasoning once. If its too dry add little water and mix well and keep it to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadhai/wok for deep frying it. Drop spoonful of mixture in hot oil and fry till golden and crisp.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.