Paneer Tikka Masala
Paneer Tikka Masala, a very delicious punjabi veg main course recipe of paneer or cottage cheese… marinated paneer cubes grilled to perfection and then simmered in a rich, spicy, creamy gravy. Paneer tikka masala can be enjoyed best with butter garlic naan or pudina lachcha paratha..
- Cooked paneer tikka - 10-12 cubes - click here paneer tikka for the recipe
- 1 onion - cut into cubes
- 1 capsicum - cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup yogurt - beaten
- 1/4 cup tomato puree (preferably readymade, store brought)
- 1/4 cup cashew paste
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek/kasuri methi
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 50 grams butter
- Fresh coriander and mint leaves
Directions & How to
- Heat oil in a pan, add sumin seeds, when they splutter add cubed onion and capsicum, saute for 2 minutes, remove and keep aside.
- To the same pan add butter and heat it. Low down the flame and add cashewnut paste and saute it for around 30-40 seconds.
- Add beaten yoghurt, tomato puree, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and saute well for 2-3 minutes. If it is too dry or sticks to the pan then add around 1/2 a cup of water.
- Add cooked paneer tikka and sauteed onion and capsicum, stir well and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and crushed kasuri methi , mix fresh cream and stir well.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander and mint leaves and a dollop of butter on top.