Rice And Lauki ki Kheer
Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 35-40 mins Servings: 6-8 |
Kheer is a traditional dessert in India. Rice and lauki or bottle guard kheer is yet another tasty , simple and lip smacking recipe. Enjoy.
- 1.1/2 Lt whole cream milk
- 3 tbsp rice - washed and soaked for 20 minutes
- 1 cup grated bottled guard/lauki
- 1/2 cup cashew nut paste
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts - Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp chiroli or chironji - cudphanuts
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4th cup sugar - increase or decrease it as per your taste
Directions & How to
- Wash rice and spread it on a clean cloth or kitchen towel to dry. Grind rice to a coarse powder.
- In a large thick bottomed pan, bring milk to boil.
- Add ground rice, stir well and leave it to simmer on low heat, for around 10-12 minutes. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Add grated guard/lauki, stir well and cook it further for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix cashew nut paste and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and a pinch of salt and mix well and cook till sugar dissolves.
- Serve hot or chilled garnished with some more chopped nuts.