Fried Mutton Tikka
Total Time: Preparation Time: 20-25 mins Cooking Time: 20-25 mins Servings: 6 |
Fried mutton tikka, boneless cubes of mutton marinated in red chilli paste along with other spices and then fried till crisp.
- 500 grams boneless mutton- cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp raw papaya paste
- 1/2 cup beaten yoghurt
- 1 tbsp red chilli paste
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp tandoori masala - optional
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/4 tsp red food color
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying
- Fresh coriander leaves, sliced onion and lemon wedges for garnishing
Directions & How to
- Mix together raw papaya paste, yoghurt, red chilli paste, ginger garlic paste, cumin and coriander powder, tandoori masala, lemon juice, corn flour,salt and food color in a bowl.
- Marinate mutton cubes in this mixture for 7-8 hours. Its ideally better to leave it overnight for marinating.
- Heat oil in a wok or kadhai, add the mutton cubes and deep fry them on medium heat till done and crispy. * Dont over crowd them while frying, fry them in batches.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves, sliced onions and lemon wedges.