Fried egg salad
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 5-10 mins Servings: 4-5 |
Tasty and filling fried egg salad. This is my version of Yam Khai Dao, a Thai salad, which I had once eaten in a Thai restaurant.
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley or coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely chopped red chilli or 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fish sauce or light soya sauce
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 cup oil
Directions & How to
- In a wok heat half cup of oil, and fry the egg on both the sides till golden and crisp. Similarly fry all the 4 eggs, remove on absorbent paper, let it cool a little and cut it into bite sized pieces.
- Cut onion into thin slices, de seed the tomato and cut it lengthwise.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing lemon juice,fish sauce or soya sauce, honey, red chilli and salt in a small bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together the fried eggs, onion, tomatoes, cabbage and parsley/coriander. Mix in the dressing and toss everything gently.
- Remove on a serving plate and serve immediately.