Click image to view picture gallery
Preparation Time: 10-20 mins
Cooking Time: 20-30 mins
Servings: 4 |
Firni is a delightfully rich dessert. So delectable and smooth, it’s everyone’s favourite.
- 1 lt full cream milk
- 2 tbsp. rice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. chopped nuts (of your choice)
- 2 green cardamoms, crushed
- 1 pinch crushed black pepper (optional)
Directions & How to
- Wash rice and spread on kitchen towel to dry. Roughly grind rice to a very coarse powder, keep aside.
- Add cardamom and boil milk in a deep and heavy bottomed pan, add rice and boil again, stirring continuously.
- Lower the heat and let it cook till milk becomes 2/3 rd its quantity. Keep stirring slowly so that rice does not stick to the bottom.
- Now add sugar and cook further while occasionally stirring.
- To check its done, drop 1 tsp of firni on a plate and tilt it, if it flows, cook few more minutes otherwise its done.
- Mix in the crushed black peppers.
- Add nuts and serve in individual bowls.
More similar recipes
Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe