Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 4 |
Spciy and yummy chilli mushroom. A quick Indo Chinese recipe.
- 250 grams fresh button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped spring onions - the white part
- 1/2 cup finely chopped greens of spring onion
- 1 green bell pepper/ capsicum - cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- A pinch of red food color - optional
- A pinch of ajinomoto/MSG
- Salt as per taste
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 3 tbsp of rice flour or refined flour
- 3 tbsp oil + extra oil for deep frying the mushrooms
Directions & How to
- Wash and cut mushrooms into quarters. Place them on a plate and sprinkle 1 tsp red chilli powder and salt on it.
- Give it a quick mix and sprinkle corn flour and rice flour or refined flour over it. Mix it well, use a little water to enable proper coating of the flours to the mushrooms. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Deep fry them in hot oil till crisp. Remove on absorbent paper and keep aside. * Fry mushrooms a little at a time and avoid over crowding the pan.
- Heat around 3 tbsp of oil in a wok, add garlic and ginger and fry it till it turns brown.
- Add onions and capsicum and saute it till it turns a little soft .
- Add soya sauce, vinegar, red chilli sauce, tomato sauce, chilli powder, food color if using, salt and ajinomoto and a tbsp of water and let it cook for a minute.
- Add the fried mushrooms and the greens of spring onion and stir fry it well for another 1 minute or till the mushrooms are properly coated in the sauce. * Dont over cook it here.
- Serve hot.