Chilli Cumin Rice
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 4 |
Chilli cumin rice is a simple and mild spicy rice dish, where rice is flavoured with red chillies and cumin seeds.
- 2 cups bastmati rice
- ½ small onion – sliced
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 dry red chillies
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 4 cups of hot water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp clarified butter or ghee
Directions & How to
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Deseed red chillies and cut into very small pieces. Soak it in vinegar for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan, add cumin seeds, when it splutters, add onion and fry till it turns translucent. Add rice, pour hot water, add salt and cook it till the water absorbs.
- In the mean time, in a small pan, heat ghee, when it smokes, remove the flame and add drained chillies, when it browns and leaves a nice aroma pour it evenly over the rice. Seal the rice pan with a foil paper, cover the lid and let it cook on the slowest flame for around 7-8 minutes.
- Serve hot.