Cheesy Potato Toasts
Cheesy potato toasts, a very quick, super easy and cheesy recipe for your kids. Crispy toasts with a very filling topping of potatoes and cheese is enough to attract kids towards it. Once in a while such cheesy indulgence is fair enough for kids….and its sure to be liked by adults as well.
- 4-5 slices of bread
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 medium sized potato - boiled and mashed
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder - preferably freshly ground
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheese - mozzarella or any other processed cheese
Directions & How to
- In a bowl take mashed potatoes, chopped coriander, chilli powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well and keep aside.
- Trim the edges of the bread, cut into halves and butter each slice.
- Evenly spread a spoonful of the potato mixture on each slice.
- Top it with generous amount of cheese, as much cheesy as your kid like.
- Place the slices on a baking rack/ tray and bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for around 6-8 minutes or till cheese melts and it turns golden and crispy.
- Serve hot tomato ketchup.