Aaloo shimlamirch..a very popular north Indian veg side dish…here its done with a slight variation….its a very easy and quick to put up dish, using just some spices and tastes best with pooris and dosas..and the leftover if any, can be used in making yummy cutlets or potato bondas too.
- 2 large potatoes boiled, peeled and cubed
- 1 green pepper/capsicum/shimlamirch - cut into cubes
- 3-4 green chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp drymango/amchur powder
- 1/4 finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp oil
Directions & How to
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, when it sizzles, low down the heat/flame and add turmeric powder, cumin powder and coriander powder.
- Fry it for 30-40 seconds, mix in boiled potatoes and stir fry it nicely. Using the spatula mash half of the potatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle drymango or amchur powder and chopped coriander leaves. Stir well, and take off the flame after a minute.
- Serve hot with pooris or dosas.