Easy and delicious cutlets made from poha…serve it as a starter or as a tea time snack…its sure to be loved and enjoyed. Poha cutlet is pretty versatile to prepare.. can be prepared with any filling u have in your fridge, even with your leftover vegetable.
- 1.5 cup poha/beaten rice
- 3/4th cup of any leftover vegetable or any cooked filling of your choice - you can choose any veg or non veg from our fillings and toppings category.
- 1 onion chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A handful of chopped coriander and mint leaves
- Around 1 cup water
- 1 egg - optional
- Oil for frying
Directions & How to
- Take poha in a large mixing bowl, mix water and let it soak for around 5-6 minutes.
- Season it with salt and pepper and mix or mash it well with your hands. Knead it to a smooth dough.
- Mash your leftover vegetable or filling and add to the poha, add chopped onion and egg and mix it well. Check the seasoning once.
- Shape it into cutlets or tikkis and shallow fry in hot oil till golden and crisp on both the sides.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.