Matar Paneer Pulao
Total Time: Preparation Time: 5-10 mins Cooking Time: 20-25 mins Servings: 5 |
Simple, mild, healthy and fragrant pulao using fresh green peas and cottage cheese. This matar paneer pulao is a dish people will love on your party table.
- 2 cups of basmati rice – washed and soaked for 20 minutes
- 1 medium onion - sliced
- 1 green chilli - slit
- 1 cup green peas
- 100 grams fresh paneer – cut into very small cubes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt as per taste
- 3 tbsp oil
Directions & How to
- Boil rice in a large pan filled with enough water and little salt till 3/4th done. Strain and keep aside.
- In a separate pan, heat oil, add cumin seeds, when it splutters add onions and fry till translucent, now add peas and green chili, stir and cook it covered for 3-4 minutes. Add cubed paneer and salt. Sauté it well for a minute.
- Add boiled rice and mix well. Be careful not to break the grains. Seal the pan with the foil paper, cover the lid and cook it on the slowest flame for around 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.