Kali Gajar Ka Halwa
Click image to view picture gallery
Preparation Time: 10-15 mins
Cooking Time: 20-30 mins
Servings: 4 |
Kali gajar ka halwa is a popular Indian dessert. This recipe will require no grating of carrots which makes it a lot easier to make.
- 4 cup black carrot sliced in big chunks
- 2 cup full cream milk
- ½ cup sweet condensed milk
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- Chopped nuts of your choice
- 3 pods of cardamom, crushed
Directions & How to
- Place sliced carrots in a pressure cooker and milk and cook for 2 whistles on high heat and then 15 – 20 minutes on low heat.
- When the pressure cools itself open and let it cool down.
- With a potato masher, mash all the carrots well, leaving no big chunks.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Add green cardamom, sauté for 30 seconds, add the carrots and mix well.
- Now add the condensed milk; mix well and cook till ghee starts to appear on sides which should take about 10- 15 minutes.
- Add the nuts and serve hot.
More similar recipes
Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe