Hari Moong Dal
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 3 |
Hari moong dal is split green grams flavoured with coriander leaves. Easy and tasty dal recipe.
- ¾ cup split green gram with the skin
- ¼ cup spilt pigeon peas
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves - chopped
- 3-4 flakes of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 dry red chilli, cut into halves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 slices of onion
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 ½ tbsp oil or clarified butter – ghee
Directions & How to
- Wash and soak the pulses for 15 minutes.
- Cook it in a pressure cooker with the salt and turmeric powder and enough water for 3-4 whistles.
- Open the cooker, and adjust the consistency of the dal, by adding more water if you need. Add chopped coriander leaves and simmer it for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a temper or tarka pan, heat oil or ghee, add all the ingredients for tempering and fry till it turns golden. Pour over the dal and stir well.
- Serve hot.