Goli baje..very famous snack from karnataka…also known as maida bonda..its one of the easiest and quickest snack to make and tastes awesome too. Its a quick fix dish for your sudden guests. Do try out this crispy, fluffy tasty jhatpat snack..you will love it.
- 1 cup maida
- 3/4- 1 cup yogurt
- 3-4 green chillies
- 1/2 inch piece ginger - finely chopped
- 8-10 curry leaves finely chopped- optional
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp soda-bi-carb
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Directions & How to
- Take flour in a mixing bowl. Add chillies, ginger, curry leaves and salt.
- Add yogurt and mix it well to a smooth batter. Start by putting around 3/4th cup of the yogurt , mix well and if required add little more. Batter should be thick and smooth.
- Heat oil in a deep pan for frying. Just before frying, add the baking soda to the batter and mix well.
- Once oil is hot, drop spoon ful of batter and fry it till golden and crisp.
- Remove on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with chutney or tomato sauce.