Fish Fried In Green Masala
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Fish fried in green masala, a good starter or side dish.
- 500 grams fish -sliced - king fish, pomfret or any fish of your choice
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn flour or gram flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1/4 tsp green food colour - optional
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying
For green masala
- 100 grams of coriander leaves
- 5-6 green chillies
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1/2 cumin seeds
Directions & How to
- Wash the fish and pat dry.
- Grind all ingredients for green masala into a smooth paste.
- Mix into it vinegar, corn flour, rice flour,salt and green colour if using. Rub it on the fish slices and leave it to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan, place few fish pieces on the pan without overcrowding it.
- On medium heat cook the fish on one side till crisp. Flip the pieces once to fry the other side and fry it till done.
- Serve hot.