Crisp Fried Jackfruit
Crisp fried jackfruit or fried kathal is quick and easy to prepare dish where jackfruit or kathal is par boiled and marinated in spices and fried till crispy and golden. You can serve it as a starter to a meal or even as a tea time snack. Its always fun to eat it..
- 500 grams raw jackfruit/kathal - peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 - 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Juice of a lime
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp gramflour/besan
- 2-3 tbsp rice flour
- Oil for frying
Directions & How to
- Boil the jackfruit in enough water with little salt till 3/4th done.
- Drain and keep aside. Leave it to cool for a while.
- Take it in a mixing bowl or a flat plate, sprinkle all the spices, salt and lemon juice, mix it nicely and leave it to marinate for around 15 minutes to half an hour.
- While frying sprinkle gram flour and rice flour and mix it well, coating each piece nicely with the flour...if needed sprinkle little water to enable proper coating.
- Deep fry in hot oil on medium heat till golden and crisp.
- Serve it hot with ketchup or green chutney or imli chutney.