Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 15--20 mins Servings: 6 |
Chicken tikka, chunks of chicken, marinated in a wonderful blend of spices and grilled to perfection. Its one of the most popular Indian dish.
- 500 grams chicken breast - cut into small chunks
- 1 large onion - cut into cubes
- 1 large capsicum - cut into cubes
- Lemon wedges for garnishing
- 1/2 cup hung yoghurt
- 1 tbsp red chilli paste
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds- roasted and powdered
- 1 tsp coriander seeds - roasted and powdered
- Juice of a lime
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
Directions & How to
- Wash, rinse and pat dry the chicken chunks with a clean cloth.
- Combine all the ingredients listed for marination in a bowl. Blend it well and prepare the marinade.
- Add chicken chunks and mix well. Cover the bowl, refrigerate it and leave it to marinate for 6-8 hours, preferably over night.
- While cooking, thread the chicken onto skewers along with onion and capsicum cubes.
- Cook it over charcoal or electric grill till done. While cooking baste it once with a little oil.
- Serve hot, garnished with lemon wedges,onion rings and green chutney.