Baked footlong…quick and easy way to prepare delicious oven roasted footlong…with toppings of your choice or imagination, its a great to play with recipe…just take care not to over do the topping, and season it with choice of your herbs….follow the recipe for more details…
- 2 footlong bread
- Pizza sauce to sread
- Mayonnaise to spread
- 1/2 cup grated pizza or mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice - onions - finely sliced, bell peppers - cut in thin strips, sweet corn kernels, pitted olives- sliced, mushrooms - sliced,paneer - diced, baby corn - thinly sliced, pickled jalapenos , grilled or cooked chicken - cut into bite size chunks, etc
- Chilli flakes to taste
- Oregano or mixed dry herbs to taste
Directions & How to
- Cut the foot long bread in halves. Spread a little pizza sauce or mayonnaise on it. Arrange the topping of your choice. Just go easy with the toppings, please dont over do it or over fill it.
- Sprinkle chilli flakes and oregano, top it generously with grated cheese.
- Place it on a baking rack/ tray and bake in a preheated oven at 200o C for around 6-8 minutes or till cheese melts and it turns golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.