A medium-hot and very popular dish in Indian cuisine vegetable jalfrezi, it deserves to be on your dinner table for all the flavors and nutritional value it carries. Crisp vegetables sauteed in mild spices, you can make it more interesting with your choice of vegetables.
- 2 cups par boiled mixed vegetables - peas, beans, cauliflower, carrots.
- 1 large onion - sliced
- 3 large tomatoes - chopped
- 1 large capsicum - chopped
- 2-3 green chillies - slit
- 4-5 flakes garlic - chopped
- 1/2 inch piece ginger - chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds - roasted and crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp crushed pepper corns
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dry fenugreek leaves/kasuri methi
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- Fresh coriander and mint leaves for garnishing
Directions & How to
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add cumin seeds, when it splutter add red chilli flakes, chopped ginger and garlic, fry till it changes color.
- Add onions, tomato and chillies, and saute well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add capsicum, mix in turmeric powder, crushed coriander seeds and pepper corns, add salt and saute for another minute.
- Now add the vegetables, and stir fry it nicely on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Crush kasuri methi with your hand and sprinkle on it. Take care not to over cook the vegetables.
- Serve hot garnished with the fresh coriander and mint leaves.