Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 4 |
Tawa pulao…a popular street food from mumbai…. boiled rice tossed with veggies and pav bhaji masala and sauteed in butter. Tawa pulao is pretty quick and easy to cook dish, you can use your leftover rice too to prepare this.
- 2 - 2.5 cooked/boiled rice or you may use leftover rice
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes - finely chopped
- 1 capsicum - finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies - finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped mix vegetables - carrots, beans, peas
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp pav bhaji masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 tbsp butter
- Fresh coriander leaves - finely chopped for garnishing
Directions & How to
- Boil the mix vegetables till done or microwve them on high power for 3-4 minutes.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds, when they splutter add onion and sauté till they turn brown. Add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, green chillies and capsicum and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Now mix turmeric powder, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and salt, stir well. Add little water if needed. ( If the masala sticks to the tawa)
- Add cooked veggies and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice and toss it well. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice, saute for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.