Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 20-25 mins Servings: 4 |
Be the first to review Views: 6,412
Tawa chicken, another famous dish from punjabi cuisine… boneless chicken chunks cooked in a beautiful blend of spices and pureed tomatoes….dry fenugreek is another important ingredient used…a very aromatic and scrumptious dish..best served with naans or parathas.
- 250 gms chicken boneless - cut into small cubes or thin strips
- 1 large onion - finely chopped
- 1 capsicum - finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes - pureed
- 1/2 cup yogurt - beaten
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 green chillies - finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds/ajwain
- 1 tsp coriander powder/dhania powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder/lal mirch powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp crushed kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt as required
- Chopped coriander leaves and mint for garnishing
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2-3 tbsp oil
Directions & How to
- Take chicken in a mixing bowl. Add 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder,salt and little kasuri methi, mix well and leave it to marinate for 30-40 minutes.
- Heat butter on a tawa/skillet, when it melts add marinated chicken and saute it well for 6-8 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- To the same tawa add oil and heat it. Add cumin and carom seeds. When they splutter add chopped onions and saute till they turn golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chillies, chopped capsicum and stir well and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, yogurt and salt, stir it and cook for a minute.
- Now add tomato puree and cook it further stirring in between till the tomato puree is cooked enough. This may take around 4-5 minutes.
- Now mix fried chicken and saute it well for another 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle garam masala powder, lemon juice and kasuri methi and stir well. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander and mint leaves.