Stuffed Bell Peppers
Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 25-30 mins Servings: 6-8 |
Peppers stuffed with a tasty chicken and rice filling and topped with cheese and baked till perfection. Its a very colourful and delectable dish that will leave you wanting more of it. Enjoy stuffed bell peppers..
- 250 grams boneless chicken - cut into very small chunks
- 6 bell peppers - red or yellow or orange
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onion
- 1/2 cup chopped greens of spring onion
- 5-6 garlic flakes
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Directions & How to
- Preheat the oven to 220'C.
- Heat oil in a wok, add chilli flakes and garlic, fry till it changes colour. Add onion and fry it for a minute.
- Add chicken, followed by cabbage. Now add soya sauce, vinegar and chilli garlic sauce, stir well and cook it for around 6-8 minutes.
- Season it with salt and oregano. Let it cool.
- Gently mix into it cooked rice and greens of spring onion.
- Wash and cut the peppers in halves. Remove the seeds and membrane to make clean hollows.
- Stuff the peppers with the cooked mixture. Sprinkle generous amount of grated cheese. Place them on a baking tray and bake it in a preheated oven at 220'C for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.