Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-12 mins Cooking Time: 25-30 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Khoya puffs… delicious flaky puffs stuffed with sweetened khoya and nuts….enjoy it as a snack…a great recipe to prepare, modified version of our Indian gujiya..
- 10-12 squares of Ready made puff pastry
- 1 egg - beaten
For khoya filling
- 1 cup khoya - crumbled
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts - almonds, cashews, pistas, walnut
- 1 tbsp melon seeds - optional
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp grated dry coconut
- 1/2 tsp cardamom/elaichi powder
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
Directions & How to
- Saute the khoya in a pan on medium heat till it melts and slightly changes its colour.
- Transfer it a bowl, add sugar, nuts, grated coconut, raisins and cardamom powder. Mix well and keep aside to cool.
- Take a puff pastry, put a spoonful of filling in the centre and fold and seal it well.
- Repeat the same with remaining pastries.
- Give each folded puff a egg wash, place it on a tray lined with parchment paper and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for around 15-20 minutes or until golden and crispy.