Kadhai Soya Chunks
With popular dishes like kadhai chicken and kadhai paneer here we have kadhai soya chunks. Soya chunks in kadhai masala is a rich, healthy, easy to make vegetarian preparation which can be served as a main course dish, where nutritious soya nuggets are fried and sautéed in a rich Indian gravy blended with a beautiful blend of spices, yoghurt and cashewnuts.
- 1 cup soya chunks/nuggets
- 1 medium sized onion - cut into cubes
- 2 tomatoes - cut into cubes
- 1 medium sized capsicum - cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup cashew nut paste
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 5-6 dry red chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- A pinch of red food colour
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp + 3 tbsp refined oil
Directions & How to
- Soak the soya chunks in hot water for around 20 minutes. Rinse it well, squeeze out all the extra water and keep aside.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds and dry red chillies and grind it to a coarse powder.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a frying pan, add the chunks and stir well, sprinkle salt and red chilli powder and fry it well for around 8-10 minutes on slow flame. Remove and keep aside.
- In another wok/kadhai heat remaining 3 tbsp oil, add to it onion, tomatoes and capsicum and saute it for 2 minute.
- Add ginger garlic paste and powdered masala and mix well, cook on slow flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add yoghurt and mix well, add salt and cashewnut paste and stir it well. Adjust the consistency of the gravy by adding around half cup of water and cook it for 2-3 minutes more.
- Mix in it fried soya chunks, give it a good stir, sprinkle garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves, saute it for around 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with naan, paratha or rice.