Instant Sooji Halva
Click image to view picture gallery
Preparation Time: 5-10 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Servings: 4 |
Quick and tasty sooji halva, which can be cooked within minutes in a jiffy, and that’s why its named instant sooji halva.
- 1cup semolina – sooji
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup chopped cashew nuts
- ¼ cup sultanas or raisins
- 3-4 cardamom pods – elaichi
- 1 inch cinnamon – dalchini
- 3 cloves – laung
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of orange food color
- ½ cup clarified butter – ghee
Directions & How to
- Heat clarified butter or ghee in a deep pan. When it turns hot, low down the flame. Add cardamom, cloves and cinnamon, when it sizzles, add cashew nuts and raisins.
- After it browns a little pour water and milk, add sugar, a pinch of salt and orange food color. Bring it to a boil.
- When sugar dissolves completely and water comes to a boil, slow down the flame and slowly pour semolina little by little, stirring it all the while to prevent any lumps from forming.
- Cook it covered on slow flame for around 2 minutes or till it starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Serve it hot garnished with cashews and raisins.
More similar recipes
Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe