Baked Chicken Casserole
Baked chicken casserole is a easy to put together one pot meal kind of a dish. A pretty easy, quick and nutritious dish for a lazy sunday afternoon, will turn out to be a delectable and much welcomed family meal. And yeah its quick chicken casserole because half of the cooking is done on gas stove and it is baked just to give the finishing.
- 250 grams chicken breast - cut into chunks
- 1 onion - cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper - cut into cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper- cut into cubes
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms - cut into halves (optional)
- 1.1/2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp red chilli flakes ( or more if you like it more hot)
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp mix italian dried herbs
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
For white sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and white pepper to season
Directions & How to
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add garlic, fry till it turns golden, add chilli flakes and saute it for few seconds.
- Mix in chicken, stir well, add vinegar and cook it for 2-3minutes.
- Add all the veggies and saute it on high heat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Season it with salt and the dried herbs.
- When cool transfer it to a baking dish or oven proof casserole and sprinkle generous amount of grated cheese over it.
- In another pan heat the butter till it melts.
- Add flour and cook on a slow flame stirring continuously.
- Add the milk gradually, mix in nutmeg, keep stirring and cook till the sauce thickens.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce evenly on the chicken in the casserole and bake it in the pre-heated oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes or microwave it on high power for 10-15 minutes or till it attains a good golden colour.
- Serve hot.