Baby Corn Pakoras
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Baby corn pakoras are absolutely delicious, a great tea time snack….the crispiness of the batter with the slight crunchiness from the corn makes it very interesting…enjoy this yummy snack with a hot cup of tea on a lovely rainy day….
- 10-12 baby corns
- 4 tbsp gram flour/besan
- 4 tbsp rice flour/ chawal ka atta
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
Directions & How to
- Wash the baby corns, if they are lean and small leave it whole and if big then cut into halves. Sprinkle around 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder and lemon juice. Mix well and keep it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl, take both the flours, add all the remaining spices and salt and a make thick batter of dropping consistency by adding required amount of water.
- Dip the corn one by one in the batter and deep fry in hot oil over medium heat till golden and crisp. Remove on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with green chutney and tomato sauce.