Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 20-25 mins Servings: 5 |
Palak Chicken is spinach and chicken cooked together in a tasty and spicy gravy with a wonderful blend of spices.
- ½ kg chicken – cut into small pieces
- 250 grams spinach – chopped and blanched
- 2 large onions - sliced
- 2 large tomatoes – chopped
- 3-4 green chillies - chopped
- 4-5 garlic flakes – chopped finely
- 2 inch piece ginger cut into julienne
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup yoghurt - well beaten
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
Directions & How to
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and chopped garlic, fry for a minute, add onions and fry till golden brown. Add tomatoes, chillies, and ginger garlic paste and cook it well.
- Add chicken followed by turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt, cook it for 2 minutes. Add yoghurt and cook it covered for 7-8 minutes or till it is done.
- Heat butter in another pan, when it melts, add ginger juliennes and fry it. Add blanched spinach and fry it on slow flame for 2 minutes.
- Mix it in the chicken, stir it well and cook for around 1 more minute.
- Serve hot.