Matar Ki Kheer
Click image to view picture gallery
Preparation Time: 10-15 mins
Cooking Time: 35-40 mins
Servings: 4 |
As unusual as it may sound, but matar ki kheer is a super delicious dessert. Simple yet tasty. Its a worth trying recipe.
- 1 cup fresh green peas - shelled
- 1.1/4 ltrs full cream milk
- 2 tbsp clarified butter/ghee
- 1/4 cup pistachios - blanched and chopped
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 3/4 cup sugar - increase or decrease its quantity as per your taste
Directions & How to
- Boil the peas till soft. Strain, cool and grind it to a smooth paste, using a little milk if required.
- In a thick bottomed pan boil the milk, and simmer it till it reduces a little.
- In a large wok/kadhai, heat clarified butter, add ground peas and saute it well, stirring continuously for around 5-7 minutes or till the raw smell disappears.
- Once it starts leaving the edges of the pan pour in the boiled milk, stir well and leave it to simmer on low flame.
- Keep stirring occasionally and cook it till it thickens. It might take around 20-25 minutes for it to thicken.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and pistachios and simmer it for further 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Serve it chilled or warm garnished with pistachios.
More similar recipes
Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe