Chicken Chapli kabab
Chapli kabab a very famous and one of the tastiest kabab, orignated from peshawar and is a delicacy in kabab world. It is usually prepared using red meat mince, but can be done using chicken mince too. So here is the recipe of quick and tasty chicken chapli kabab.
- 1/2 kg chicken mince
- 1 medium onion- finely chopped
- 1 large tomato- finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies -finely chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly done ginger garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp pomegranate seeds or anar dana powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 6-7 dried red chillies
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves - finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp corn meal or makai ka atta
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp clarified butter or ghee
- Oil for shallow frying the kababs
Directions & How to
- Whisk one egg with a little salt and black pepper in it and prepare a omelet. Chop it finely and keep aside.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds, coriander seeds and dried red chillies. Crush them to a coarse powder.
- Take chicken mince, add to it chopped onion, tomatoes, green chillies, ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves, crushed spices, pomegranate seeds powder, corn meal, 1 raw egg, salt and clarified butter.
- Mix everything together very well. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Take handful of the mixture, shape them into kababs and shallow fry it in a little oil on a hot griddle till done and crispy.
- Serve hot with onion rings, lemon wedges and chutney of your choice.