Apple Pista Phirni
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 20-25 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Total reviews: 4 Write a review Views: 627
Apple pista phirni, is a tasty and easy to make dessert. Combination of apple, pista and whipped cream makes it more tastier and more creamier. So try out this recipe and hare your feedback/photographs at [email protected]
- 500 ml full cream milk
- 2 apples
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup pistachios - blanched and peeled
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1tbsp clarified butter/ghee
- A handful of chopped almonds and pistachios for garnishing
Directions & How to
- Grind the pistachios to a smooth paste using little milk if required.
- In a wok heat ghee or clarified butter, mix pistachios paste in it and cook it on a slow heat till it start leaving the sides of the pan. Remove it from the flame and let it cool.
- In a thick bottom pan, bring milk to a boil, simmer it for around 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel and grate the apples.
- Transfer the milk to the wok, whisk it nicely till the pistachios paste dissolve in it, mix in grated apples and put it back on low heat.
- Keep stirring it continuously and cook till it thickens. This may take around 10 minutes.
- Add condensed milk and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- After it cools completely mix into it whipped cream.
- Transfer it to a serving dish, and serve it garnished with chopped almonds and pistachios.