Chicken Cheese Croquettes
Total Time: Preparation Time: 20-25 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 6 |
Chicken cheese croquettes, crispy from outside and cheesy from inside.
- 500 grams boneless chicken - boiled and shredded
- 1/2 cup cheese - grated
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped
- 5-6 garlic flakes- finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes - increase the quantity of chilli flakes if you like it more spicy
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter + 2tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- Salt as per taste
- 1 egg - beaten or whisked with little salt
- Bread crumbs as required for coating
- Oil for frying
Directions & How to
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and butter in a wok or kadhai. Add chopped garlic and chilli flakes,fry till it changes color, add chopped onions and cook it till it becomes little soft.
- Add flour and fry for a minute.Pour in milk slowly while stirring continuously to avoids any lumps from forming.
- Add cheese, oregano, salt, boiled and shredded chicken, mix well and let it cook for 2-3 minutes on slowest heat, till the mixture comes together and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Let it cool for a while. Now shape them into small croquettes and refrigerate it for around 15-30 minutes.
- While frying dip each croquette in the beaten egg, roll generously in the bread crumbs and deep fry in hot oil till golden and crispy. * Take care not to overcrowd the pan while frying.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or any chutney of your choice.