Chilli bhindi is a new, interesting, quick and tasty way with bhindi or okra. Deep fried till crisp and then sauteed in a hot and spicy, sweet and sour sauce. So along with our Indochinese recipe of chilli paneer and chilli chicken here comes chilli bhindi.
- 250 grams lady finger/bhindi/okra
- 1 onion - sliced
- 1 bell pepper - yellow/red/green - cut into thin strips
- 5-6 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 5-6 green chillies - slit
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp red chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder - optional
- A pinch of ajinomoto
- Salt to taste
Directions & How to
- Trim off the ends of lady finger and cut it into long strips.
- Take it on a plate and sprinkle corn flour all over it and mix well. Drizzle very little water if needed just to help the flour stick to the bhindi well.
- Deep fry it in hot oil on a medium high flame till crisp. Remove on absorbent paper and keep aside. * Note, while deep frying, bhindi does not take long, it turns golden and crisp pretty quickly, so, just be careful not to burn them.
- Heat around 3 tbsp of oil in wok. Add chopped garlic and fry till it turns golden.
- Add sliced onion, green chillies and bell pepper, mix in soya sauce, chilli sauce , vinegar and saute it for a minute.
- Now add salt, ajinomoto and ginger powder if using, stir well, and check the seasoning once.
- Now add fried bhindi and stir it well gently.
- Serve immediately.