Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 5 |
White chicken a delectable chicken gravy cooked in cashew nut paste.
- 500 grams chicken – cut into small pieces
- 1 cup beaten yoghurt
- 1 tbsp ginger cut into juliennes
- 6-7 flakes of garlic
- 5-6 green chillies
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ cup cashew nut paste
- Salt as per taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp clarified butter - ghee
- 1 tsp ginger cut into juliennes
- 2 green chillies – chopped
Directions & How to
- Grind garlic and green chillies into a fine paste.
- In a bowl mix yoghurt, ground chilli garlic paste and little salt, marinate chicken in it for 3-4 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginger juliennes, fry it a little, add chicken and cook for around 4-5 minutes. Now add the cumin, coriander and garam masala powder and stir well.
- Add the cashew paste and sauté it well, add around ½ cup of water or a little more if you feel the gravy is too thick. Cover the pan and cook it for another 3-4 minutes on a very slow flame.
- In a tarka pan or in a small pan heat clarified butter, add the ginger juliennes and chopped chillies and fry well. Pour this over the chicken. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.