Tawa Soya Chunks
cooked it in the same way like the famous tawa paneer, using same spices and ingredients...and the result is delicious and scrumptious soya dish..please do try this innovative recipe and do send us your feedback on it.">
Tawa soya chunks…another different and interesting way of preparing the nutritious, protein packed soya chunks…here I have cooked it in the same way like the famous tawa paneer, using same spices and ingredients…and the result is delicious and scrumptious soya dish..please do try this innovative recipe and do send us your feedback on it.
- 1 cup soya chunks/nuggets
- 1 large onion - finely chopped
- 1 capsicum - finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes - pureed
- 3-4 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 green chillies - finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds/ajwain
- 1 tsp coriander powder/dhania powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder/lal mirch powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp + 1tsp crushed kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt as required
- Chopped coriander leaves and mint for garnishing
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4-5 tbsp oil
Directions & How to
- Soak the soya chunks in hot water for around 20 minutes. Rinse it well, squeeze out all the extra water and keep aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a frying pan, add the chunks and stir well, sprinkle salt and 1 tsp red chilli powder and 1 tsp of kasuri methi and fry it well for around 6-8 minutes on slow flame. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil on a tawa/skillet. Add cumin and carom seeds. When they splutter add chopped onions and saute till they turn golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chillies, chopped capsicum and stir well and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt, stir it and cook for a minute.
- Add tomato puree and cook it further stirring in between till the tomato puree is cooked enough. This may take around 4-5 minutes.
- Add fried soya chunks, stir well, add yogurt, stir and saute it well for another 5-6 minutes. Add butter and sprinkle garam masala powder, lemon juice and kasuri methi and stir well. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander and mint leaves.