Soya Keema Karela
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 20-25 mins Servings: 4 |
Soya keema karela…is a vegetarian main course dish using the soya granules or soya keema with bitter gourd. Soya granules is a healthy vegetarian substitute for mince meat. Enjoy this healthy dish with naans or any other Indian bread.
- 1 cup soya granules/soya keema
- 2 no. bitter gourd/karela
- 3 medium onion - finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes - pureed
- 5-6 garlic falkes
- 4-5 green chillies - chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 yogurt - beaten
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
Directions & How to
- Cut the bitter gourd into half, remove the seeds and cut it into thin slices. Blanch them and keep aside.
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for 15-20 minutes. Drain, rinse, sqeeze out extra water and keep aside.
- Heat little oil in a pan, add half of cumin seeds, when they splutter add karela and fry it nicely on low flame till they are half cooked or for around 5-6 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in another pan. Add cumin seeds and chopped garlic, when garlic changes colour add the onions and saute it till they turn soft.
- Mix ginger garlic paste, chopped chillies, all the spices expect garam masala powder and salt. Stir well and saute for 2-3 minutes. Now mix the soya granules and stir it well, cover it and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in the tomato puree, stir nicely and cook it for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now mix fried karela and stir well. Add beaten yogurt, stir once and saute it on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Srpinkle garam masala powder, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot wth naan or roti.