Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 25-30 mins Servings: 6 |
Extremely succulent shami kababs made with minced meat with a beautiful blend of spices.These kababs are extra soft from regular shami kababs.
- 500 grams mutton or beef mince
- 1/4 cup bengal gram -channe ki dal - soak it for 1/2 an hour
- 4-5 green cardamom - elaichi
- 1 black cardamom – badi elaichi
- A pinch of nutmeg- zaiphal
- 1 strand mace - javitri
- 1 inch piece cinnamon -dalchini
- 4 cloves - laung
- 1 bay leaf - tej patta
- 1 tsp black pepper - kali mirch
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds - saunf
- 1. 1/2 tsps cumin seeds - zeera
- 1.1/2 tsps coriander seeds - dhania
- 4-5 green chillies
- 3-4 red chillies
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger
- Salt as per taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 2-3 green chilies finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Oil for frying
Directions & How to
To prepare basic shami mixture
- Put all the ingredients in the pressure cooker and cook on high flame till 2 whistles and then low down the flame to medium n cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Cool it completely and grind the mixture to a very smooth paste. If u feel the mixture is dry add extra water.
- The ground paste should turn out extra smooth and sticky than we make it for normal shammi kababs.
- The kabab mixture is now ready. You can either directly use it for making kababs or can freeze it for later use.
- Mix all the ingredients from the list B thoroughly in the ground shami paste .
- Shape them into kababs.
- Shallow fry till golden.
- Serve hot with green chutney.