Roasted Pepper Prawns
Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Roasted pepper prawns is a hot and spicy preparation of prawns, where prawns are cooked in a beautiful blend of spices. Serve it with rice or dosas, it will taste awesome.
- 500 grams fresh prawns - cleaned, shelled and deveined
- 1 small onion - sliced
- 5-6 flakes of garlic
- 1/2 inch piece ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 1- 1. 1/2 tbsp black pepper corns
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Salt as taste
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- Juice of a lime
- Chopped mint leaves for garnishing
Directions & How to
- Rub salt, turmeric powder and a tsp of lemon juice on prawns and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Dry roast the whole spices on a griddle till it leaves out a nice aroma.
- Take the whole spices, ginger, garlic and mint leaves and grind it to a smooth paste using little water. Preferably grind it on a mortar and pestle.
- Add the ground paste in the marinated prawns, mix well, marinate it for 1-2 hours.
- In a wok/kadhai heat oil, add curry leaves, green chillies and onions, fry till it turns golden. Mix in prawns, stir well and cook it covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix lemon juice and check the seasoning once.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped mint leaves.