Click image to view picture gallery
Preparation Time: 15-20 mins
Cooking Time: 25-30 mins
Servings: 4-6 |
Hot and tangy roasted fish.
- 500 grams fish fillets - cut into medium sized peices
- 1 onion - sliced
- 12-15 curry leaves
- 5-6 green chillies - slit
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp chat masala
- 1large lemon
- Salt as per taste
- 6 tbsp oil
Directions & How to
- Wash and pat dry the fillets.
- Mix together all the powdered spices except chat masala.
- Place the fillets on a large plate and sprinkle the powdered spices over it. Squeeze out lemon juice over it and mix it all gently and evenly over the fillets.
- Leave it to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the fillets till crisp.
- Remove the fillets and add 3 more tbsp of oil, when it smokes add cumin seeds, curry leaves and sliced onion.
- Fry till onion turns brown. Add fried fillets and slit chillies and roast it nicely for around 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chat masala over it and serve hot.
More similar recipes
Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe