Rajma Galouti Kabab
Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 20-25 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Rajma galouti kabab…easy vegetarian version of soft and succulent galouti kabab.
- 1 cup rajma
- 1 large onion - sliced
- 2-3 flakes garlic - chopped
- Half inch piece ginger - chopped
- 2-3 green chillies - finely chopped
- 2 dry red chilies
- 2 tbsp roasted gram flour/besan
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Handful of mint and coriander leaves - finely chopped
- Few drops of kewra
- uice of half a lime
- 2 tbsp clarified butter/ghee
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
Directions & How to
- Soak the rajma over night and pressure cook it with salt and red chillies till its extra soft and mushy. Strain and grind it to a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, fry garlic, ginger and onion till golden brown. Remove and grind it to a coarse paste.
- Take the ground rajma in a mixing bowl, add the ground paste, chopped chilies, mix in leftover ghee, add the spices, lemon juice and roasted besan, kewra, chopped mint and coriander leaves and mix it very well. Cover and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes for the flavours to incorporate.
- Shape into kababs and shallow fry in little oil till done.
- Serve hot with pudina chutney.