Quick Chicken Masala
Click image to view picture gallery
Preparation Time: 10-15 mins
Cooking Time: 15-20 mins
Servings: 4-6 |
Quick chicken masala, a easy and tasty chicken dish. The masala is made using traditional mortar and pestle which enhances the flavors of spices used here.
- 500 grams chicken with bones or boneless - cut into small peices
- 1 large onion - roughly chopped
- 3-4 green chillies - roughly chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 2 inch piece ginger
- 2-3 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp black pepper corns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Juice of a lime
- 1/2 cup beaten yoghurt
- Salt as per taste
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Directions & How to
- In a mortar and pestle take onions, chillies, ginger, garlic, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, pepper corns and fennel seeds. Grind it to a coarse paste using little water.
- Heat oil in a wok/kadhai. Add curry leaves, ground paste and turmeric powder, saute it well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Mix yoghurt and salt, cook it covered on medium heat for 5-7 minutes or till done.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder, chopped coriander and mint leaves and lemon juice, give it a quick stir.
- Serve hot with naans or parathas.
More similar recipes
Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe