Total Time: Preparation Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 10-12 |
Plain crepes…quick and easy to prepare these crepes are ideal to make rolls, pancake folds etc..fill in the stuffing of your choice, roll it up, and fry….yummy snack for your high tea …
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg - lightly beaten
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
Directions & How to
- In a mixing bowl, take flour, egg and salt. Make a smooth and runny batter adding enough quantity of water. It holds around 2 cups water to get desired thin and runny consistency.
- Place a small non stick fry pan on medium heat, grease it with very little oil, we need to lightly warm the pan, once the pan is warm,pour a laddle full of batter and swirl the pan, so that the batter coats the entire pan, forming a round thin crepe. Cook it for a minute on low flame. It will start leaving the sides of the pan, gently pick it up and remove from the pan and place it on a plate.
- In the same way make the remaining crepes.
- Batter should be nice smooth and thin consistency.
- Cook them on slow flame.
- You will get as thin crepes as thin your batter is.
- Use a nice non stick fry pan. Take care not to over heat your pan while pouring the batter, if over heated, little holes will appear on the crepes and you will not get nice and even crepes.