Pepper Chicken Curry
Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 20-25 mins Servings: 4 |
Pepper chicken is one of the popular Indian dish. Pepper chicken curry is the gravy version of this dish. Spicy, hot and flavorsome.. enjoy.
- 1/2 kg chicken – cut into small pieces
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 3 green chillies chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- 3 -4 tbsp oil/ghee
- ½ cup water
- Juice of a lime
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Directions & How to
- Mix yoghurt and pepper powder. Marinate chicken in it for at least ½ an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and fry till golden brown. Add tomatoes, green chillies, ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder. Cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken, curry powder and salt. Saute it for 3-4 minutes. Add around ½ cup of water and cook it covered for 5-6 minutes or till chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh coriander leaves and lemon juice.