Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 20-25 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Palak korma or palak salan is a delicious veg main course recipe…its spinach cooked with potatoes and peas…very easy to prepare gravy best served with rice or pulao.
- 250 grams fresh spinach leaves - finely chopped and blanched
- 2 medium sized potatoes - cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 big onions - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4-5 green chillies - chopped
- 2-3 cloves/lavang
- 1 inch piece cinnamon/dalchini
- 3-4 green cardamom/elaichi
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- 8-10 cashew kernals/kaju
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds/saunf
- 1/2 part of a very small onion
- 2 green chillies
Directions & How to
- Grind all the ingredients from list A to a smooth paste using required amount of water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cloves, cinnamon and cardamom followed by chopped onions and cook till onion turn soft, dont let it brown, cook it till just translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chhillies, saute for a minute. Mix turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Add potatoes stir and cook for 3-4 minutes. Now add peas, stir, add around 1/2 cup water and cook for another 3-4 minutes or till both the vegetables are almost cooked through.
- Now mix blanched spinach and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the ground paste, stir it well adjust the consisitency of the gravy by adding around 1/2 cup of water or little more if required.
- Bring it to a boil, check the seasoning once.
- Serve hot.