Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Palak bhajias or palak frtitters…a fried snack made with roughly chopped palak, dipped in gramflour and rice flour mixed, spiced batter and deep fried. This snack gets it extra crispiness from the rice flour. Enjoy it with a hot cup of tea.
- 200 grams - spinach/palak
- 1/2 cup gram flour/besan
- 1/2 cup rice flour/chawal ka atta
- 3-4 green chillies - finely chopped
- 2 sprigs curry leaves -finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper corn
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Directions & How to
- Wash, trim and roughly chop the spinach.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds, coriander seeds and pepper corn and grind it to a coarse powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, take both the flours, chopped chillies and curry leaves, powdered spices and salt. Mix it well, add enough water to make very thick batter. Put in chopped spinach and mix it well.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, drop spoonful of spinach mixture and deep fry in hot oil over medium flame till done and crisp. Remove on absorbent paper.
- Serve the hot bhajias with green chutney or tomato sauce.